Your family pet has become one of the family. Planning your vacation to bring them along is easier than you may think. Finding the right place to stay, is the first step. Once you have found the perfect location, here are some tips to ensure your pet’s well being. Even though you think you know how your dog will react at the beach, be prepared for surprises. Things to know:
- Invest in a Dog life vest– in case they get tired or get lured into deeper water, by another playful dog ( Not all dogs are able to swim well)
- Bring plenty of fresh drinking water-and a portable Dog bowl. Salt water is not good for them, and they will be tempted to lap up the waves.
- Calmer surf is easier to handle and allows safe play.
- Never throw them into the water. There may be jagged rocks or coral.
- Make sure to have shaded area to rest. Portable dog tents are small and easy to pack.
- Sunscreen isn’t just for people. Ask the Vet for best options for pet friendly products.
- Older dogs with arthritis may not respond well to cold water, so take it easy and stay in the shallow.
- Don’t over do it. A dog doesn’t always know when to rest. Changes in heat can dehydrate, and cause heat stroke.
- Rinse off all fur and feet thoroughly. Salt left on the skin, can itch, don’t allow them lick off any salt residue and micro-organisms.
If you see symptoms that seem abnormal please do call a Veterinarian
You will find several dog friendly beaches that allow water fun for your pet:
- Paw Park and South Brohard Beach
- Palma Sola Bay Park~ Bradenton Causeway
- Venice Beach Paw Park
- Robinson Preserve and Nature trail ~ Bradenton to Anna Maria Causeway
- Happy Trails Canine Park
Pet concierge services:
- Bradenton Pet sitting
- Bradenton Boarding
- Dog Vacay ~ Boarding services
- Dirty Dog Groomer Bradenton/ Manatee Ave
- Paw Spa~ Groomer/ North Anna Maria Island
Dining with Pet in tow:
- Ginny and Janes
- Poppo’s Taqueria
- The Waterfront
- The Historical Anna Maria City Pier
- The Freckled Fin
- The Rod and Reel Pier
- The SandBar
- Harry’s Grill and Bistro
- Gulf Drive Cafe
- The Bridge Tender Inn
For a list of Pet friendly Restaurants in Cortez, Longboat Key, Sarasota, Siesta Key and more check
Click Here for the Vacation Rentals that accommodate your Furry family members.