We wait for the moment when we can just stop, and enjoy the moment. There is no need to feel guilty when you get home from vacation, when there are so many great outdoor activities to keep you in shape.
- Beach Yoga~Please Bring A Towel Or A Mat, Drinking Water, and your cash donation. Classes held on the pure crystal sands of Siesta Key Public Beach between the Green and Red lifeguard stand. And now the classes are closer to the entrance to the beach than the shore. This event is supported entirely by your donations. You may donate cash only at the beach or via credit card online at the website. Weather / Seasons play a big role in scheduling so Check the website for changes. If you are a Yoga aficionado, bring your gear and get started. Finish with a refreshing swim, which is next on the list.
- Swimming and other water fun~ If swimming isn’t the easiest for you, a kickboard may be a good way to start. Just treading water is energizing, so feel free to paddle behind a board. Snorkeling takes the feeling of work out of the equation. Once you get a view under the sea, just glide around and see the marine life in action. Tossing a ball or Frisbee, in the water, also uses most of your body’s muscles.
- Biking~Renting is the easiest, if you travel by plane. Cycling into Siesta Key Village to shop or dine, is a productive away to sightsee. Rent a beach bike for riding along the shore. Pack a towel for a beach nap in the sun, or refreshing swim. Outside of Siesta key offers a host of scenic trails to make your tropical tour more captivating, the top 2 being the Legacy Trail and the The Venetian Waterway Park Trail. Here is a list of local biking trails. Bicycle safety regulations and Laws.
- Kayaking~Mote marine offers Eco tours, to add some exercise to your marine life education. Kayak rentals are an easy way to be water bound every day. Many of our Siesta Key vacation rental homes, are close to the Sarasota bay for easy launching. Several local eco tours go from Gulf to bay. Check here for options.
- KiteBoarding~ This High energy sport has gained popularity in the Gulf Coast areas. Even beginners can pick up the technical aspects, with a great instructor. Be as cautious or extreme as you like. The main idea is to have fun.
- Siesta Key oyster Bar has a 5 k Run every Sunday. Meet at 8am, run starts at 8:30. Now serving Breakfast for your return, click here for menu. Get your punch card for discounts and special offers. Keeping accountable by signing up. 5238 Ocean Boulevard Sarasota, Fl 34242. Please call us at 941-346-5443
Let us help you with accommodations in the Sarasota /Siesta Key area. We have several locations to suit your needs. Call toll free for more info at 1-844-206-6624.