By Tammy DeLosh Holiday Events No Comments
Anna Maria Island is cultural diverse in many ways. Celebrate the risen savior at any one of these inviting locations. Join all denominations at a sunrise service on the beach or find a specific service that suits your worship style. All are welcome.
Holy week Church services:
Beach side sunrise services ~Manatee County Public Beach, at 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, is hosting the 54th Easter Service, starting at 6:30 a.m. on Easter Sunday, April 1. All six Island churches, provide the service as the sun rises to the east. Bring your blanket or beach chair, with beach parking , or Free Trolley service if you aren’t in walking distance. The beach Cafe serves a great breakfast and coffee if you stay after service.
- Hosting The Mass of the Lord’s Supper, Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Easter Vigil on March 31, Saturday Evening from, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM.
- Sunday Mass with the St. Bernard Community 2nd Mass in the Parish Activity Center at 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Crosspoint Fellowship ~We believe the Gospel is God’s good news for the whole world, and we are determined by his grace to obey Christ’s commission to proclaim it to all mankind and to make disciples of every nation. We desire, therefore, to affirm our faith and our resolve, and to make public our covenant. 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, FL 34217
- Maundy Thursday at 7pm
- Good Friday 7 pm
- Easter Morning at 9am
Roser Church ~a congregation of Christian people from varying denominational backgrounds united in worship, learning, and service. Enriched by the variety of our doctrinal and liturgical heritage, we respond to Christ’s claim on our lives for the benefit of our own congregation, and for the benefit of people in our local community and in the world beyond.
- The Chancel Choir will sing and communion will be served. Anointing with oil for self or for others for physical, emotional or spiritual healing will be offered, Thursday night March 29 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Good Friday, March 30, Come worship with us as we remember the death of our Lord and Savior through the songs, sights, and sounds of The Passion.7:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Easter Sunday Everyone is invited to bring a flower to place on the Cross as a symbol of rebirth and resurrection! There will be two services on Easter Sunday, 8:30am and 10am. We invite all the kids to participate in our Easter Egg Hunt after the 10:00 service.Directions
The Easter Vigil service on Saturday night will be shared with Gloria Dei Lutheran Church – at Annunciation. Taking its form from an ancient service, it takes place after sunset. The service begins in darkness, broken by the lighting of the paschal candle, followed by the reading of lessons, chants, psalms, and prayers. It is traditionally a time for baptisms. The final part of the service is the first celebration of the Holy Eucharist of Easter. 4408 West Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- Thursday, March 29, 2018~ Maundy Thursday at 7pm
- Friday, March 30, 2018 ~Good Friday , noon and 7pm
- Saturday, March 31, 2018 ~The Great Vigil at 5pm
- Sunday, April 1, 2018 ~Easter Day at 7:30am with Family Eucharist ~ 9am and Festival Eucharist ~11am